Telephone: 086 3073779
Senior Engineering Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in Clare are currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineering Manager for their site.
- Be accountable for the performance and the results of the engineering and EH&S teams on site
- Responsible for managing activities on site to achieve Business goals, further develop associates and expand capabilities
- Oversee an overall review of the site engineering strategy inclusive of capital expenditure, and maintenance strategy.
- Set the department objectives and align the resources to support the business needs
- Determine the optimal manufacturing methods and processes required from start-up, building the product line, through satisfactory production.
- Identify and solve complex, operational and organisational problems leveraging the appropriate resources within or outside the department
- Maintain and deploy a broad knowledge of industry trends to enhance the company’s manufacturing capability
- Responsible for budget setting, monitoring and reporting on spend inclusive of planned projects and overall engineering spend
- Working within all groups to identify cost saving initiatives
- Actively promote and drive the implementation of DBS tools, culture and thinking across all activities
- Operate in a way that is consistent with the regulatory environment of Company i.e. ISO9000/GMP/FDA.
- Ensure that the environmental system requirements are established, implemented and maintained according with the ISO 14001 standard.
- Reporting on the performance of the environmental management system to top management for review and as a basis for improvement of the environmental system
- Responsible for all site issues related to Environmental Health and Safety. To understand and proactively follow through on all relevant procedures and ensure compliance to all standards.
Education & Experience
- 10 years + post qualification engineering experience in a manufacturing industry operating within a regulated, process improvement driven environment. Experience in an ISO 14001 regulated environment also a plus.
- Batchelor’s Degree in Engineering/Manufacturing. Master is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven industry experience in engineering management in the medical devices area.
- In depth knowledge of facility and equipment maintenance
- Experience in defining, planning and managing project work, equipment design and implementation,
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, factory material flow and equipment related to manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment,
- Travel occasionally,
- Six sigma certification useful but not essential.
For further information on this Senior Engineering Manager role in Clare please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval