Senior Engineering Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager for their site.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager you will lead and mentor a talented team of engineers. You will have opportunities to develop your own skills and capabilities as you grow in the organization.
- Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of new medical device products or software systems.
- May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
- Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
- Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Directs the development of new concepts from prototype development to market release.
- Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
- Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
- Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Plans and directs vendor selection and development program for the site.
- Manages facility upgrades and developments.
- Level 8 Engineering Degree in Electro Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- An MBA qualification would be an advantage but is not essential
- Seven years + experience in the medical device or similar industry with at least five years at management level.
- Experience managing a diverse range of product and process technologies.
- Proven ability to create an environment to foster innovation among a technically strong and capable engineering team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be decisive with the ability to work both tactically and on a strategic level.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop a strong team and drive a culture of achievement and accountability.
- Lead Auditor qualification is desirable with a thorough understanding TS16949, ISO EN13485 and FDA quality system requirements
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams across a number of departments.
For further information on this Senior Engineering Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval