Senior Engineering Manager in Cork
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineering Manager
for their site.
Engineering Manager Job Summary:
The Senior Engineering Manager will lead and manage all site and engineering competency activities while reporting into the Director of Operations Plant Manager.
The role involves pioneering engineering best practices, ensuring process & manufacturing excellence, leadership & mentoring. Key to the role is development and delivery of the medium-long term engineering strategy for the site, including but not exclusive to creating capacity, systems' & technology roadmaps to grow the business & meet the need of our Customers.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager:
Working within the operations & site leadership team, provide technical leadership with responsibility including, but not limited to the following
- Leadership of one or multiple high performing teams, providing technical guidance / direction to the operational and functional areas on site, fostering an environment & culture of proactive continuous improvement, lean, innovation, process excellence and problem solving.
- Develop a detailed strategy on engineering competency & framework for the Bone & Soft tissue cutting business. Ensure the engineering organisation structure is fit for purpose and implement any changes using an effective change management approach.
- Provide technical collaboration and engineering alignment in maintaining manufacturing applications and automation systems, in addition, work with global enterprise applications and infrastructure teams to ensure successful implementation of user / business appropriate manufacturing systems.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business, applications & technology challenges where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Solutions may require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Champion a positive employee environment by promoting open communication, engagement and development of technical teams. Promotes a culture of inclusiveness, trust, flexibility and teamwork.
- Develop, maintain and review engineering department objectives. Establish productivity & performance targets for the business, monitor, taking appropriate and timely action. Communicate departmental & site progress through business review processes and forums.
- Technically challenge and support new product integration to operations, ensuring a robust and scalable process, through strong collaboration with process & technology development teams. Provision & guidance of manufacturing excellence learnings from operations to new product development projects. Build a high trust and engagement culture within the teams.
- Develop and execute to a medium-long term engineering strategy for the site, including capacity planning, systems' & technology roadmaps. Manage plant-wide and global-wide projects to deliver expected results on time and budget.
- Drive continuous improvement through the integration of reporting & monitoring systems. Monitor and evaluate process layout to ensure maximum utilisation of floor space, minimise handling and optimum process flow.
- Development of a world class - manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving manufacturing issues using Six Sigma tools.
- Liaise with other function leaders where appropriate to ensure the engineering teams comply with and support cross functional best practice in GMP's, GDP's, Finance Processes, Compliance Initiatives and EHS Requirements
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Experience required of the Engineering Manager:
- Degree in Engineering, Science or Business or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience and a proven track record of successfully creating and managing a highly talented, engaged and performing team.
- Experience in multiple areas / sites/ positions is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability or strong interests towards factory of the future, automation, software applications & systems to enable technology & business growth.
- A recognised qualification in Lean Manufacturing preferred, proven experience practising and delivering in Lean.
- Be Passionate about delivery. Needs a proven track record of delivering results in a complex, dynamic, and results motivated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely and sound decisions, through effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions. Works with a sense of urgency at all times.
- The candidate must be highly organized and disciplined and be able to demonstrate their ability to meet deadlines. Demonstrated Initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to develop and implement organisation and functional strategy. Initiates, sponsors and implements change with a demonstrated track, service minded and courageous
- Business understanding of operations and their impacts essential. Strong financial acumen & exceptional organisational skills
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit for driving business forward- relentless drive to deliver on bold and innovative change initiatives.
- Strong emotional intelligence to guide how to achieve through others. Exceptional communication skills to influence key decision makers at all levels within the Organisation. A demonstrated ability to coach and guide others.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a team & individual environments, interacting effectively at all levels, with ability to develop organisational relationship and build trust
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval