Senior Engineering Manager-NPI
Job ID: JOB-11675
Senior Engineering Manager-NPI
Our client a leading medical device company is recruiting for a permanent Senior NPI Engineering Manager to join their team in Cork. The role will be focused on multi-site, multi-divisional responsibility for leaders, project managers & engineers tasked with the commercialisation of new products & platform technologies in line with divisional portfolios. You will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of high-quality, innovative new products and technologies through close collaboration with our divisional business partners & GQO, thus enabling the company to win in the marketplace. Also, drive adherence to divisional / corporate design control procedures.
- Key member of AO Ireland leadership team. Formulate and implement strategic plans to help drive the overarching strategic plan and future direction of the organisation.
- Be an effective partner across all functions within divisional and GQO organisations to deliver associated new products in line with divisional pipelines. Participate in and lead a cross functional/divisional business forums and process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for directing the teams to work effectively and build collaborative relationships with product development across multiple divisions and with the manufacturing operations to improve the speed to market of new products, utilising the new product processes and global advanced operations procedure.
- Ensure a culture of collaboration exists between the NPI teams across the campus to ensure that key skill sets can be leveraged when required to ensure all projects are managed effectively and delivered in line with divisional expectations.
- Develop detailed understanding of “best practice” in product launch performance within the ‘Medical Device’ industry.
- Develop skills matrix in line with product road maps identifying the necessary training and coaching for team members to ensure that technical and team based skills are acquired, applied and maintained by team members.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets (headcount, expense and capital) for final review and approval. Approval authority for personnel requisitions and capital expenditure requests.
- Provide direction to the team in complex or difficult situations, remove obstacles, assign appropriate resources and interface with other functions to assist with issue resolution.
- Partner with HR in identifying, acquiring top talent while developing and retaining talent within the team.
Talent that is suitable:
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
- Compliance-focused orchestrators. Managers who carefully oversee people, processes, and deliverables to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Managers who drive performance. People who implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
- Quality-focused team drivers. People who push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner. Insightful advisors
- B.S in Engineering, Science or business discipline required or a related master’s degree. 5-8 Years leadership experience or substantial engineering support or project management experience in a team based environment is required. Experience in managing new products or process teams preferable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and presentation skills essential.
- Individual must possess strong leadership skills, proven ability to coach and mentor individuals in technical skills and people development areas. The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results driven team based environment with flexibility essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in new product introduction in a regulated environment preferred.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
For further information on this Senior Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…