|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Senior Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11475
Senior Environmental Health and Safety Engineer A lead medical device company in the midlands is looking to hire a Senior Environmental Health and Safety Engineer for a 12 month contract. The EHS Leader is directly involved in the development and administration of plant Environment, Health & Safety Programs with special emphasis on employee safety and education, direct and control internal/external environment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE SENIOR Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
- Develops, administers and implements environmental, health, and safety programs in accordance with governmental requirements.
- Monitors pollution prevention activities, compliance and auditing efforts.
- Conducts studies and prepares environmental impact reports for new construction projects, plant processes and permit changes.
- Reviews and analyzes environmental documentation issued by regulatory agencies; collaborates with regulatory agencies to determine corrective action plans.
- Determines impact on company operations and publishes compliance strategies and requirements.
- Evaluates proposed regulations to determine financial, industrial, public and environmental impact.
- Interacts with regulators to resolve compliance issues.
- Identifies and takes corrective action against activities that pose potential threats to workers’ health or safety, which may include recommending organizational measures to protect workers’ safety through revised methods, processes, or materials; inspecting workplace environments, equipment, and/or practices to ensure compliance with standards and regulations; and investigating and/or identifying causes regarding filed incidents.
- May provide/promote employee awareness/training on matters of environmental, health, and safety.
- Assist in accident investigations to help Team Leaders/Supervisors identify underlining causes and appropriate corrective action.
- Conduct with Supervisors/Managers of departments, regular inspections of work conditions and practices.
- As requested, review the Environment, safety and health aspects of new substances equipment, plant modifications and layout
- Where health hazards or potential health hazards exist, co-ordinate occupational hygiene monitoring to evaluate employee exposure.
- To compile accident data and liaise with Insurance Company and Brokers in relation to the Company’s Employer Liability Program.
- Revise the Safety Statement as required and ensure all employees are familiar with its contents
- Maintain liaison with Corporate EHS and Health Personnel and relevant safety authorities and institutions.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health & Safety required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to work as part of a team.
For further information on this Senior Environmental Health and Safety Engineer role in Westmeath please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…