Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Health & Safety Specialist for their site.
- Role will support distribution and operations
- You will engage with sales people and operations on a daily basis and provide technical expertise when required
- Advises employees and management on minimising and eliminating workplace risks.
- Develops and implements safety standards and policies.
- Develop and implement EHS training initiatives.
- Conducts safety audits to ensure that company EHS policy and procedure is being followed and that the company is operating in an optimal safe environment.
- Reviews and analyses accident and incident reports to determine causes, and reports solutions to events.
- Stays current on all legislation relating to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Ensure Compliance with EHS legislation, permit/licence requirements.
- Prepare and maintain EHS documentation to the highest possible standards - ensuring the EHS records are effectively controlled and easily retrievable.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Protection qualification or related field.
- Clinical sales experience an advantage
- At least 8 years industrial experience in EHS related area within a manufacturing facility.
- Strong knowledge and experience in application of Environmental standard ISO 14001
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Good training skills and the ability to train employees on various EHS issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, work processing, database and other applicable software programs.
For further information on this Senior Environmental Health & Safety Specialist role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval