Contact: Edel Kelly
Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior EH &S Specialist
for their site.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities and Engineering, this person will be responsible for driving Environmental, Health & Safety compliance across the Group and ensuring that effective programs and procedures are implemented and or maintained and followed in line with relevant legislation, company policy and appropriate standards.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Drive the EH&S management agenda on site and promote a developing safety culture within the site
- Champion the need for improvements by driving down accidents, managing near misses and by improving the sites health & safety performance by working with management and employees across the Group to maintain and develop a zero-accident safety culture.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Environmental Health and Safety programmes and systems across the Group.
- Co-ordinate EHS activity to ensure a constant state of EHS awareness, adherence & compliance through engagement with management and staff.
- Drive all EHS matters/ projects and actively participate in continuous improvement projects
- Develop site EHS performance metrics which bring focus to key areas. Ensure that EH&S KPIs are fully included, and properly reflected, in overall site performance reporting
- Development & implementation of effective safety programs and initiatives to increase the safety profile and prevent accidents. Incl Risk Assessment; Accident Investigation; Ergonomics; Behavioural Safety; Safety Promotion; EHS Training; EHS Audits; Environmental Conservation; Employee Health & Safety Committee.
- Review, update and implement risk assessments across the site, conducting gap analysis.
- Conduct monthly internal EH&S Audits of departments
- Manage & assist with customer and authority audits, ensuring that site is audit ready and all actions from audit are closed out within given timeframe.
- Act as the main site contact with enforcing bodies such as the HSA and lead audits/visits to the company from such enforcing bodies.
- Identify and implement projects that ensure continuous improvements of site environmental performance.
- To ensure that all employees and contractors working on any project on site are familiar with EHS matters and have the appropriate training, information and knowledge of Safety Health and Environmental matters within the company;
- To monitor and review Safe Operating Procedures & Group Safety Statement to ensure effectiveness and compliance at all levels;
- Have expert knowledge on all health, safety, environmental and employer liability claims issues
- 3rd level qualification (Ideally Degree) in Health & Safety
- 3+ years EHS management experience within a highly regulated manufacturing environment, ideally pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experienced in carrying out risk assessments, site inspections, safety audits etc.
- Experienced in all aspects of current legislation and ability to design and implement H & S Policy and deliver appropriate training
- Experience in carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Strong communication and influencing skills required with ability to interact with management and staff.
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
For further information on this Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087-4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval