Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Equipment Controls Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring.
- Provide design support and programming for PLC?s, motion control, vision applications, robotic systems and PC controlled equipment.
- Provide technical expertise to manufacturing process and technology development activities.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Establish the most effective, reliable and cost effective processing methods for manufacturing operations.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc., in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls / electrical field.
- Ensure completion of appropriate and relevant documentation within area(s) of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate the introduction and implementation of new technologies and equipment to the manufacturing operation.
- Provide systems support where appropriate in the areas of PM?s, engineering spares, maintenance training programmes and calibration systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 6-9 years of Equipment Automation, Software, or related experience with B.Eng. in Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline; 4-7 years of Software or related experience with M.A. or M.S.
- Experience in Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/Parker PLC programming and integration.
- Experience with servo controllers, vision system integration, motion applications & HMI products.
- Robotics experience would be an advantage.
- Desired knowledge in the following: Object oriented programming, C#, VB.Net, VB 6, PLC, C++, Lab View programming or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) software testing, version and change management software.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11
- 3D modelling experience (Solidworks, AutoCAD or Pro E)
- SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, java and database design desirable.
- Effective leader with drive and enthusiasm
- Proven communication, project management and analytical skills required.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player
Skills and Competencies:
- Compliance and Integrity: Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics and compliance with laws and policies
- Boundaryless: Collaborates across organisational boundaries
- Clear Thinking: Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates crispy and clearly. Creates and communicates clear strategy/plan. Demonstrates good judgement;
- Executes: Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and results.
- Driven to Win: Be passionate and driven, with the ability to making tough decisions in difficult situations
For further information on this Senior Equipment Controls Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval