Senior Equipment Design Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are looking to recruit a Senior Equipment Design Engineer for their site on a contract basis
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will have the opportunity to lead the design activities with relevant project teams to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- You will be expected to work with internal and external customers through development, FAT, installation and commissioning stages.
- Promote innovation and proactively monitor new technology. Maintain proficiency with all industry standards and practices especially CE marking of manufacturing equipment.
- Develop, recommend and apply sound construction concepts to achieve design for manufacturability
- Recognize and develop prototypes of high risk mechanisms
- Lead and mentor team members, assign day to day activities, checks and approves the work produced is acceptable.
- Review vendor capability, assign and manage projects as appropriate.
- Maintain proficiency with all software and computer techniques regularly used in equipment design.
- Ensure appropriate and relevant documentation is in place where required within area(s) of responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience:
- We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Masters Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electronics or related engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical devices and pharmaceutical is desirable.
- Experience with 3D mechanical design - SolidWorks, Inventor or equivalent.
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary teams of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to bring an equipment / automation project to completion.
- Experience of machine vison integration is an advantage
- Experience of translating user needs documents into equipment requirement specifications
- Ideally you will have strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in innovative design.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively.
- You demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others. You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- You collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- You expeditiously take appropriate actions when problems occur.
Skills and Competencies:
- The Company Traits are a set of values, behaviours, and capabilities needed from employees in the face of a changing business model to achieve growth targets.
- Mission values: You consciously work to bring the Mission alive. You strive to continuously improve quality in our people, processes and products. You are a role model for community service and good citizenship
- Executes: You take accountability for and deliver consistent decisions, actions, and results. You align your team, allowing people to move quickly in a coordinated fashion.
- Boundaryless: You break down silos. You collaborate across organizational boundaries. You foster diverse thinking and integration
For further information on this Senior Equipment Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval