- Owns Equipment Availability / Down time and drives continuous improvement.
- Puts in place strategic goals to increase equipment uptime.
- Sets the day to day direction for the Equipment Tech Group / clearly communicates top issues.
- Technical Supervisor for eight plus Maintenance Technicians and Engineers.
- Drives culture of Predictive and Preventative maintenance practices.
- Implements Innovative solutions to monitor equipment performance.
- Expertise in current manufacturing technologies and best practices.
- Drives culture in Problem solving methodologies / Six Sigma / PSPI.
- Identifies team training requirements and seeks ways to enhance technical expertise.
- Liaises with Design Engineering to highlight equipment design related issues / opportunities for improvement. Emphsis on Early Equipment Management.
- Ensures effective communication / forecasting to the Operations group to highlight upcoming PM's and planned equipment upgrades.
- Generates and reviews reports to understand down time reasons – Pro-actively drives initiatives to correct. Leverages MTTR and MTBF data to improve performance.
- Verify / Monitor PM effectiveness. Ensure Work carried out is as per procedure – Continue to improve this process. Key player in value stream VIP process.
- Support Equipment Installation, Qualification and upgrade when required.
- Directs cross functional teams in utilisation of equipment related qulaity documents
- Leads in delivery of software quality documents utilised in equipment recovery.
- Drives the Area Team Meeting to deliver preventative and CI activity.
Qualifications and requirements:
- HETAC Level 8 in Engineering: Mechanical / Electrical / Mechatronics / Instrumentation
- Knowledge with some experience in Equipment design / Electrical installations / Controls software / Validations / Maintenance
- Min. 6-8 years experience in a similar role
- People management experience either in project management or staff management.
For further information on this Senior Equipment Maintenance Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.