Senior Facilities Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12725
Senior Facilities Engineer
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Senior Facilities Manager job opportunity located in Galway is one of those stand positions that doesn’t come along every day. In your new role, you will provide leadership & expertise on Facilities issues interfacing between consultants/ contractors and client. It’s an exciting position with exposure to many key projects across the Galway site and an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and skillset with the Facilities Engineering group. Key activities in your new role:
- Providing technical leadership on facilities projects from scope, design, and installation to commissioning and validating rooms/labs and utility equipment. Priorities project deliverables along with key milestones.
- Liaise with Client organisation and the facilities design team to ensure the design meets clients requirements.
- Perform design review, value engineering, and construction management as required.
- Prepare and take ownership of project budgets and forecasts and issue scheduled status reports.
- Build strong relationships within the Client organisation amongst Vendors, Contractors & BIM Design.
- Undertake risk analysis on schedule delivery and priorities & provide solutions.
- Manage validation protocols for the handover of building/plant, including updating maintenance procedures and routines for main plant and utilities.
- Ensure that all drawings are current and provide a proper handover of these drawings at the end of the project, along with the technical files and commissioning reports.
- Support the Environmental Management System through responsibility for items of civil/mechanical construction/services/contracts; provision and distribution of utilities to achieve Carbon Neutral target by 2030.
- Provide coaching, support and motivation to team members reporting to you and support their development.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining ongoing communications with employees.
Education and Experience:
- Min. HETAC level 8 degree in a related qualification in Engineering.
- Other desirable qualifications may include Certified Facilities Management (CFM) and project management (PMP).
- Five years of experience in a similar position.
- Introduction of systems through effective organisational change management.
- Proven track record in continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Experience working with outside vendors and subcontractors.
- Be familiar with FDA/ISO standards and how they should be applied to all facility items such as cleanrooms, air/nitrogen supply, product contact water etc. Support the ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 & 50001 systems.
- Good communicator and has strong stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
For further information on this Senior Facilities Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…