Senior Finance Analyst
Who are the client
Our client a leading medical device company are seeking a senior financial accountant to join their team. The role is responsible for the accounting, planning, reporting & analysis of all New Product Development (NPD) costs for the site. This position leads the R&D tax credit claim process & grant applications/claims for the site.
Why this role
- Permanent position
- Fun friendly environment
- 10% performance related bonus
- Health insurance for the employee
- Competitive contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Share purchase scheme
- Sports and social club
- Subsidised canteen
- Education Assistance programme
- EAP ? confidential employee assistance programme
- Business Partnering ? Provide financial support to your NPD partners through comprehensive review of their financial performance, lead forecast & budgets for their area & provide financial appraisal support as required.
- Lead the R&D Tax Credit Claim process - Ensure appropriate due diligence & compliance with Revenue guidelines. Coordinate with other Irish sites & ensure on time submission.
- Lead Grant Claim Process ? In conjunction with NPD, identify opportunities for external funding, support grant applications, prepare grant claims & manage external grant audits
- Lead the month end close process for R&D & NPD.
- Coordination with Global Business Services & local finance team to ensure transactions are posted correctly.
- Variance analysis - review of results versus latest forecasts.
- Grant & Tax Credit Income recognition.
- Project Statement preparation to communicate results of NPD & Manufacturing Scale Up Projects.
- Balance Sheet Review ? Accruals & Provisions
- Maintain effective control systems for areas under your responsibility ensuring full compliance with Corporate Policy, SOX & GAAP.
- Identify & implement process improvements to improve the efficiency of Finance processes in this area & improve the service we offer our business partners
- Support projects depending on Finance & Business priorities.
- Qualified Accountant with 5+ years post qualified experience. Experience in a large multinational environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Tax Qualification or direct experience in R&D Tax Credits.
- Expert level financial system & excel skills are essential.
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Proven aptitude for identifying & implementing process improvements.