Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Senior Financial Analyst for their site
What Will I Be Doing
- Reporting into the Business Support Manager this role will lead a team and provide direction/support in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash and Treasury and Intercompany Accounts.
- The primary responsibility of the Senior Finance Analyst will be to ensure that all of the aforementioned finance functions are managed and controlled effectively.
- This position will also contribute to maintaining a process that will facilitate early identification of cost reduction opportunities and cultivate a lean culture within the team to drive standardization and efficiencies.
- Responsible for a team of 8 direct reports.
- Responsible for providing direction and support to the members of the team
- Responsible for the professional development of all team members.
- Responsible for ensuring all department members are trained adequately.
- Responsible for performing performance appraisals for all direct reports.
Lead AP & AR Sub Ledger/General Ledger Accounting
- Management of day-to-day AP duties
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure maximum efficiencies are being achieved regarding invoice processing, payments & 3rd Party/Intercompany creditor reconciliations
- Management of day-to-day AR duties
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure maximum efficiencies are being achieved regarding invoice/statement generation, receipt of payments & Trade/Intercompany debtor reconciliations
- Coordinate cut-off procedures to achieve accurate month end reporting.
- Intercompany Accounting
- Responsible for adherence to all BRAVO etc reporting requirements in relation to intercompany activity
Lead Treasury & Cash Management
- Treasury and Cash Management
- Work with Regional Cash Management to ensure adequate funding to meet payment obligations.
- Streamline manual payment processes (cheque & on-line)
- Provide assistance as required in annual Business Planning cycle
Process Improvements & Cost Reductions
- Seek to continuously improve processes and introduce automation in finance processes
SOX and Audit Compliance
- Liaise with external and internal auditors
- DCM review for all cycles relevant to the role
- Ensure all accounting and reporting procedures comply with all SOX and internal J&J control guidelines
- Implement system enhancements within the General Ledger
- Continuously improving controls, including edit reports and system access
- Participate in cross-functional teams as required by the business.
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time
- To adhere to the company’s procedures at all times
- Ensure all quality and health & safety policies are adhered to
- Results orientation
- Planning, Organising Skills and Effective communicator
- High initiative with excellent time management skills
- Minimum 4/5 years relevant prior experience in a financial accounting role within a multinational company & specifically the areas of AP, AR, Treasury & VAT.
- People Management experience would be essential for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and willing to work in a flexible environment.
- Qualified Accountant with Good personal computer skills - ideally Microsoft Office.
- Experience on a computerized accounting package – ideally JD EDWARDS
For further information on this Senior Finance role role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.