Senior Firmware Design Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Firmware Design Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- Individual will be functioning as part of a team responsible for designing a hermetically sealed, long term implantable device which incorporates electromechanical and fluidic components.
- Firmware engineer responsible for device level software programming to enable functionality.
- The engineer will establish state machine based on device level requirements and develop software in accordance with industry and company software standards.
- Preferred programming languages are C and C# but other skill sets welcomed.
- Develop complete Firmware solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware team to define the architecture of new products.
- Microcontroller selection for new designs.
- Debug, verification and validation of design.
- Document design progress and activity.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Participate in cross functional product development.
- Demonstrate best-in-class software development methodologies.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop robust designs meeting all of the required design inputs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors/ Master's degree in Computer science / Electronic engineering, or related field (Ideally in medical devices / regulated industry).
- 5+ years' Experience developing embedded code in C or C++.
- Experience with Microcontrollers (preferred Microcontrollers: Microchip, Atmel and TI).
- Familiarity with popular interfaces: Bluetooth, UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422
- Embedded fundamentals: Timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, Watchdog, Interrupts, Power saving etc.
- Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, etc.)
- Strong communication and influencing skills - good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in motor control would be an advantage.
- Android Application development would be an advantage
For further information on this Senior Firmware Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval