Telephone: 086 1070950
Senior Firmware & Software Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Clonmel are currently looking to recruit a Senior Firmware & Software Engineer for their site.
- Firmware/Software Engineer is responsible for firmware and software programming of medical devices and systems.
- Individual will be functioning as part of a team responsible for designing a range of medical devices including implantables.
- The engineer will develop embedded firmware and software in accordance with medical industry and Boston Scientific software standards.
- Preferred programming languages are C and C# on embedded and Linux platforms.
- Develop complete Firmware and software solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware team to define the architecture of new products.
- Microcontroller selection for new designs.
- Develop Bluetooth communications solutions for medical devices and apps.
- Debug, verification and validation of design.
- Document design progress and activity.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Participate in cross functional product development.
- Demonstrate best-in-class software development methodologies.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop robust designs meeting all of the required design inputs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Computer science / Electronic engineering, or related field (Ideally in medical devices / regulated industry).
- 5+ years’ experience developing embedded code in C or C++.
- Having worked in Medical device software systems is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Experience with Microcontrollers such Microchip, Atmel and TI.
- Experience with motor control and fluidics an advantage.
- Familiarity with popular interfaces: CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422
- Embedded fundamentals: Timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, Watchdog, Interrupts, Power saving etc
- Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, etc.)
- Strong communication and influencing skills – good listener.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge in motor control would be an advantage.
- Android Application development would be an advantage
For further information on this Senior Firmware & Software Engineer role in Clonmel please contact Karl Lippett on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval