Senior GCMS Chemist
Job ID: JOB-12926
GCMS Senior Chemist
We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great new job opportunity in Galway with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages. This exciting new job opportunity in Analytical Chemist is located Galway. Galway, voted “Europe most Friendliest City 2020”! Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Analytical Chemist in Galway and we can talk though if it’s the right job for you.
They focus on performing Extractable and Leachable Extractions supporting Chemical Characterization studies that works under ISO 13485 and ISO 17025 Quality Management Systems. The GCMS Senior Chemists are directly involved in project-based GC/MS data processing, sample preparation, operation of GC/MS instrumentation, accurate compound identification, and quantification of unknowns and target compounds for chemical characterization in accordance with ISO10993.
- Partner with clients to understand and define testing needs
- Support protocol writing and extraction design
- Partner with the project teams to perform GC/MS data processing and chemical characterization
- Perform sample preparation, testing, data analysis, and reporting
- Create reports that clearly organize the results and demonstrate that test plan requirements were satisfied
- Document testing and data analysis results in a lab notebook
- Operate and maintain GC/MS instrumentation
- Other responsibilities may include supporting other chemical characterization testing including non-volatile residue, HPLC/UV,HPLC/MS and/or ICP/MS sample prep, analysis and quantification/identification
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Chemistry, Biology, Material Science, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years work experience performing MS analytical testing
- Extensive knowledge and experience performing GC/MS separations and identification of unknowns and target compounds in the areas of extractables/leachables, materials, and polymer characterization
- Experience documenting testing in laboratory notebooks to cGMP standards
- Experience and understanding of cGMP, ISO17025, ISO10993, FDA and ICH requirements
- Familiarity with XCaliber, MassHunter, and ChemStation
- The candidate will have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills that are results oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute on daily tasks
- Ability to work and be effective with minimal supervision
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Aisling Kidney on 0872197421 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…