Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Group Lead for their site.
Manages the production output for the Business Unit through a team of Group leads, Develops capacity plans, manages financial budgets and sets Business Unit Goals that supports strategy. Partners with Finance, HR, Quality and planning to optimise business unit performance. They must be a strong team player and demonstrate this through the integration of key goals and appropriate other functions. Is committed to providing development and growth opportunities for Business Unit personnel. Fosters and recognises continuous improvement initiatives within the business unit. Supports AMG new product development endeavours. Ensures department adherence to regulatory and cGMP requirements. Promotes quality and customer satisfaction as a way of life in all Business Unit activates.
The position will also be required to delegate for the Production Manager as required, and act as first point of contact for business decisions, problem escalation, etc., if necessary.
Typically a degree holder in engineering or science or alternatively demonstrated supervisory skills, equivalent to certificate level in Supervisory Management.
- Support and Mentor Group Leaders & Team Leaders to improve performance of both individuals and drive business performance.
- Demonstrate focus and commitment to meeting customer needs both in terms of quality and delivery requirements.
- Drive focus on compliance in GDP & GMP, within manufacturing lines, and with teams at all times. Support business initiatives for continuous improvement in these areas.
- Ability to work with support groups and project groups to implement improved work practices, cost reduction and improve production performance.
- Work with Group Leaders and Team Leaders to continuously focus on improvement activities, problem solving and employee involvement.
- Support and lead staff selection, performance management and employee reviews, to ensure that a level of consistency is achieved and maintained in these areas.
- Support H&S initiatives as required, and on a continuous basis, and ensure housekeeping meets requirements in line with 6S principles.
- Address disciplinary matters within area of responsibility, and support other group leads / HR as required.
- Lead focus and initiatives dealing with system issues; support and manage cycle count / PI process; carry out investigations into discrepancies.
- Initiate contingency plans for major production problems. Escalate issues as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Input to contract reviews to ensure new products are manufacturable.
- Seek help for the team from support organisation when problems cannot be solved within the team.
- Ensure that resources are available for team to produce on-time quality product. Keep TMS up-dated & support team leads on a weekly basis.
- Perform performance reviews for Product Builders and Team Leads
- Develop Training and development plans for Team Leads
- Min 5 years at supervisory level within a busy and challenging manufacturing environment.
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic engineering / technical concepts, and good understanding of quality system requirements within manufacturing.
- A demonstrated ability of continuous improvement and problem solving. The Senior Group Leader will be expected to lead projects and mentor others in this area.
- A full understanding of GDP, GMP and compliance requirements within manufacturing for the medical industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of materials systems, use of Oracle, and appreciation for supply chain functions, will be an advantage.
- Ability to make and Implement Decisions.
- A proven record of accomplishments in a high volume production environment.
- Key supporter in driving organisational change
- Other Responsibilities as assigned.
For further information on this Senior Group Lead role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval