Senior HR Generalist
Job ID: JOB-11828
Senior HR Generalist
Our Client a global insurance group with a presence in over 100 countries across 5 continents are looking to attract a Senior HR Generalist for their Irish Operation. This is a stand alone role, reporting to the General Manager and servicing a business of 110 Employees.
- Support the full recruitment process, including job advertising, candidate short-listing, arranging interviews, reference checking, contracts of employment, etc.
- Maintain HR files for all employees – ensure that all information is up-to-date and complete
- Take lead on handing employee Disciplinary hearings, grievances, investigations, other formal meetings, etc.
- Liaise with Line Managers / supervisors to ensure that all HR processes and documentation in relation to new starters, leavers, sick leave, annual leave, etc. are adhered to and completed
- Liaise with external Payroll Company to provide accurate records for salary payment on a regular basis
- Liaise with Line Managers / supervisors to ensure that Training records are kept up-to-date for all employees on all required systems, portals, etc.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met
- Gather & collate data to prepare Key Performance Indicators in relation to the HR function for Business Unit senior management (e.g. staff turnover, absenteeism etc.)
- Support all areas in relation to any policy initiatives / new processes etc. that are being introduced
- Maintain up-to-date records of all employee insurance industry qualifications for purposes of compliance with Central Bank of Ireland regulations
- Build a strong influential relationship with the colleagues in our Head Office to ensure effective delivery of HR services.
- Manage, coach, and support staff, to help maximise their potential. Establish development & skills plans to continually improve performance & lead the team/function to achieve the stated goals.
- Provide leadership to the function by demonstrating good HR knowledge and management capabilities, as well as by maintaining a positive, engaging & approachable attitude at all times.
- Establish close working relationships with other departments within the company and develop proactive business partnerships with all level of staff & other stakeholders
- Work closely with the Project Management Office and/or local Project Management personnel to manage the overall project schedule, prioritization and dependencies of the function.
- Be part of the annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting process.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with direct reports and formal performance appraisals to review performance objectives, formulating any required individual training & development plans.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, statutory and regulatory requirements and governance controls
- Strictly adhere to all local, nationally and relevant jurisdictional regulation & compliance.
- To ensure that you conduct your role in accordance with the Anti-Corruption and Fraud Policy (to act honestly and with integrity) and to report any suspected incidents of fraud and corruption.
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be allocated by your Manager/ Management Team.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable & extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in HR Senior Generalist role is an essential requirement for the role.
- Highly influential with ability to use initiative and innovate for continuous improvement.
- Strong demonstrable Project Management skills from demonstrable, successful experience an advantage.
- Excellent communicator and keen relationship builder with all types of stakeholders.
- Must have full CIPD accreditation and a third level qualification in HR
- Good grounding and experience of applying Irish employment law in the workplace
- Computer literate, specifically proficiency in MS Office product range (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- High standard of accuracy and close attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organization skills in order to meet timescales.
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently and as part of a team.
For further information on this Senior HR Generalist opportunity please contact Helga Reeves on 0868168298 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…