Our client, an established medical device and manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Industrial Design Engineer for their site.
- Conceive of and develop compelling and innovative product solutions.
- Strong idea generation and idea communication capabilities - hand sketching, 2d/3d visualisations
- Lead customers on the products development journey and co-ordinate customer workshops to gain insights into their needs.
- Gain insights into customer and end user needs via state of the art user centred design tools.
- Co-ordinate and participate in research technical, user, market, brand, manufacturability etc. during research phases and throughout programs.
- Successfully resolving product aesthetics, usability, function and manufacturability.
- Understand brand and how this is expresses through the product experience.
- Proficient in 3d CAD (Solidworks an advantage but not essential)
- Management of all levels of Prototyping within projects
- Working within a multidisciplinary team on diverse projects
- Resolving design issues as they arise in all relevant phases
- Liaising with manufacturing function to ensure manufacturability of products.
- Liaison and management with external bodies and partners as needed.
- Liaison with wider teams as needed -operations, engineering, manufacturing, marketing, finance.
- Participates in PR and Sales support activity as required
- Support wider team as required
- Plan, budget, track and execute product development projects through handover to engineering.
- Quotation, Planning and financial management of projects vs. budget and schedule.
- Ensuring that timely and accurate project reviews are available
- Set project review agenda and facilitate effective project reviews internally and externally
- Working within an ISO 13485 frame work (experience of design control process is an advantage)
- Develop and maintain Dept. Processes in line with Industry best practice.
- Maintenance of key data, inclusive technical files, etc.
- Direct, develop and coach the Design team and any direct reports, through effective leadership.
- Cultivate a strong team ethos in the design department and maintain healthy working relationships with other functions.
- Support Talent Management within the Engineering group by developing the technical capabilities and overall skill sets of the team in order to ensure that on-going and future strategic business needs are met.
- Relevant Product/ Industrial Design Qualifications (Bachelor Degree) - Master's degree an advantage.
- Additional Human Factors education an advantage.
- Relevant experience in industry - minimum 7 years
- Experience in development of product aesthetics, ergonomics and user centred design.
- Proven people management skills with minimum 3 years previous experience in a people management position.
- Track record of external customer management
- Results driven and able to deliver. Demonstrates a strong commitment to achieving results in collaboration with key internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate strong design management and creative skills, problem solving skills, customer management skills, and be capable of working across a range of projects concurrently.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities.
- A strong strategic orientation with good day-to-day tactical management and attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes, with a good technical understanding of general technology and materials.
- High energy with the adaptability and flexibility to deal with continuous change and innovation.
- Experience working within Product Development Process and with the associated control documentation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visual)
- Portfolio demonstrating product development experience
For further information on this Senior Industrial Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval