Telephone: 086 8395531
Senior Industrial Engineer – Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Senior Industrial Engineer for their site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and pursue value improvement and waste elimination to support manufacturing and overhead areas through the initiation and completion of Lean projects in line with business goals and objectives.
- On-going support and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the plant and in direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support and leadership to Manufacturing teams in their endeavours to initiate and sustain Kaizen / continuous improvement.
- Provision of training and on-going support on existing lean “tool kit”, also refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Constantly promote, educate, and instil culture of identification and elimination of waste throughout the plant within manufacturing areas and also in support / transactional area.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of project teams to achieve site goals and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Coach, mentor and participate project groups through Production system initiatives
- Maintain an up to date database of populated IE tools
- Conduct Production capacity analysis and provide input to the integrated business planning process
- Assist Operations in developing capacity scenarios
- Assist Operations in headcount planning
- Provide support for and drive Born Lean initiatives for new product introductions
- Work closely with R&D, Process Development and Equipment Engineering groups at early stages of product, process and equipment development to ensure that new products and processes are “Born Lean” and ergonomically designed
- Development and sustainment of COGS models for new products
- Deliver training to all staff levels as required
- Liaise with EH&S Department to ensure improvements through Lean activity are assessed ergonomically and are aligned with EH&S continuous improvement goals
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing summary options for review / approval. Work with Facilities Department and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Ensure that plant layout drawings are correct and up to date at all times and that “free space” is created strategically to allow for improved flow and / or provision for new / additional production lines to support increased volume / new product introduction.
- Optimise existing Space Utilisation
- Maintain the site space report
- Provide input into the site spatial strategy
- Establishment of standard times through work measurement.
- Preparation and presentation of engineering standard data in line with corporate guidelines.
- Maintaining a verified up to date database of standard times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant Industrial Engineering experience in a medical device environment (or minimum of 3 years for non-medical), specifically relating to Lean Manufacturing, Ergonomics and Plant Layout & Design.
- Should be flexible and capable of working on own initiative in a demanding environment with a professional attitude and good communication skills.
- Consistently identifies and drives continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the Department and Site objectives with a proven track record of completing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Has demonstrated the ability to lead cross functional project teams.
- Computer literate with experience of CAD packages
For further information on this Senior Industrial Engineer role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.