Senior Industrial Engineer
Senior Industrial Engineer – Strategic Space Planning
The purpose of this role is to manage and improve the site space planning process through strong collaboration with each of the production units, the Facilities and Finance departments and to communicate recommendations to the site leadership team. This role will give the ideal candidate a unique opportunity to interact with and influence the senior management and leadership teams in the company’s site in Galway regarding Strategic Space Planning decision making. The role is a stand-alone position that requires the candidate to work on their own initiative and to propose options supporting the campus space strategy.
This position will report to the site Industrial Engineering and Operations Training Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain a 5-year Site Strategic Space plan
- Responsible for ensuring that all approved moves align to the Site Strategic Space plan
- Manage the portfolio of space moves for the campus
- Initiate or maintain work schedules and priorities for cross departmental space transfers
- Provide timely communication on project progress to all relevant cross-functional stakeholders, and across all levels of the organization, including the senior leadership team
- Work with the Industrial Engineering team on the implementation of the Site Strategic Space plan
- Identify potential expansion options to meet future business needs for the campus
- Builds strong relationships and collaborates with Operations, R&D and PD
- Align closely with Facilities on all planned changes to the plant and off-site locations
- Support the development of the annual Global Facilities Master Plan (GFMP) for the Galway campus
- Liaise with finance to establish which projects are tracking to plan and how best to manage financial projections (F1, F2, F3, AOP)
- Influences, guides, and manages internal/external resources to achieve critical program goals
- Lead other site/department projects and programs as required
- Manage all Corporate requests regarding current space utilisation and development plans
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in high volume manufacturing.
- BS in Engineering or Science is required at level 8, 240 ETCS credits
- Must have proven business acumen, effective communication skills, demonstrated track record of project management execution, and leadership experience
- Engineering background and experience in medical devices industry preferred with exposure to Strategic Space Planning
- Demonstrate communication and influencing skills at the highest levels of management across a cross-functional organization.
- Must have experience managing and leading projects
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.