Senior Industrial Engineer
Senior Industrial Engineer
Our client a leading medical device company is recruiting for a Senior Industrial Engineer to join their team in Tipperary. This is a permanent role and is commutable from Waterford and Kilkenny. The successful candidates will be responsible for driving operational excellence through the manufacturing and business environments through the designing, and implementing of systems to meet all key performance indicators. This requires working and influencing cross functionally and globally. Projects will incorporate lean manufacturing, theory of constraints, quick response manufacturing, Just-In-Time, Methods-Time Measurement, or a variety of other systems improvement philosophies. The employee will be required to create strong relationships with team members internal and external to the company to ensure project success. In addition, the ability to mentor and coach employees is essential to driving the results through the modelling of the right behaviours.
- Successfully leads and champions major CI initiatives across the site influencing manufacturing and functional areas results in savings
- Nurtures commitment to the vision, mission, objectives and values of the company. Creates a sense of energy, excitement, and personal commitment to the organization.
- Shapes, develops, and aligns the strategies of the Operational Excellence team so that it addresses emerging trends, competitive threats, and changing market & business needs.
- Coaching functional and production leaders on the principles of lean & Operational Excellence.
- Lead site Kaizen events to achieve financial or strategic objectives
- Hold detailed knowledge and can teach others on all lean tools
- Working cross site with global councils to define best practices and share learnings
- Proven track record in Project Management and delivery of results
- Lead or Participates as a core member in cross-functional teams to quickly troubleshoot and eliminate issues and escalations from Quality, Cost etc.
- Drive changes with the Product design and engineering teams, to drive higher yielding, lower cost and more manufacturable new products.
- Drive the operational Excellence strategy on site, develop and drive new strategy, systems and tools. Define the value proposition and gain leadership support.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Masters in Lean / Operational Excellence
- Experience in deploying a TPM programs is an advantage
- Experience in deploying standard work both in the manufacturing and office environment is an advantage
- 6 Sigma green or black belt
For further information on this Engineer role in Tipperary, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.