Our client, a leader in the Medical Device industry, are looking to recruit an IT Project Lead to support and deliver strategic initiatives globally.
In this role the individual will lead small to medium size Projects to enable solutions for the Function they support. This individual should be highly motivated with excellent analysis and execution skills. In this position, team work and networking with business partners and cross-functional IS team members is a necessary skill. The individual should enjoy working in a fast pace, high visibility and impact environment.
- Leads the implementation and roll-out of new applications and functionality from intake through to implementation.
- Leads the team to deliver project(s) on time, budget and to desired business partner requirements and specifications.
- May lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Creates, documents, and manages project plans, tasks, and deliverables according to the company?s Software Development) and best practices; identifies dependencies and resource requirements.
- Identifies, communicates and manages low to medium levels of technical risk.
- Manages Contracting, Funding Approval and Project Budget.
- Manages the creation of agreements with software vendors & implementation partners.
- Manages partnership with business partners to understand business processes, prioritize needs and document requirements.
- Assures identification of process and technology opportunities for improvement that will best meet customer and company requirements.
- Leads the development team (internal and external) to deliver a timely solution according to the specifications and implementation needs of the business.
- Assures that the solution is tested and successfully implemented, including working with vendors and other IT team members to execute project testing and implementation activities.
- Assures quality of business systems through development and execution of test plans, test case specifications and ensuring proper resolution of issues. Assures that test metrics document plan vs actual test results. Works with quality assurance analysts to improve IT quality processes.
- Assures the team resolves issues related to business use of implemented systems or processes by working with systems or process owners and other project teams to find acceptable solutions.
- Responsible for cross functional communication including preparing and presenting IT and business partner governance boards and phase reviews.
- Responsible for accurate and timely entry and reporting of project metrics.
- Identifies areas for process improvement and establishes effective and efficient processes.
- Manages systems development or process improvement projects by applying project management methodology.
- Provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance
- Bachelor?s degree 3+ years? experience in project management or information/software technology
- Prior experience running SAP projects within Mfg/Supply chain
- Functional/Technical background in SAP Mfg/Supply Chain, or related industry experience preferred
- Medical device, life sciences industry background preferred
- Experience in regulated environment
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Experience partnering with external vendors and business partners on projects, including working with off-shore and geographically dispersed teams
Gathering and documentation of requirements
Test planning, test case development and execution?
Software design, code/configure, build and deploy
Ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic
Exceptional organizational & time management skills
Ability to travel to meet specific project needs required (<10%)
For further information on this Senior IT Project Lead role in Galway please contact Carmel Holmes on 21 206 6287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval