Telephone: 086 8395533
Senior IT Project Lead
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior IT Project Lead for their site.
- In this role the individual will lead small to large size Projects to enable solutions across the portfolio. This individual should be highly motivated with excellent analysis and execution skills.
- In this position, team work and networking with business partners and cross-functional IT team members is a necessary skill.
- The individual should enjoy working in a fast pace, high visibility and impact environment.
- Leads the implementation and roll-out of new applications and functionality from intake through to implementation.
- Leads the team to deliver project(s) on time, budget and to desired business partner requirements and specifications.
- May lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Creates, documents, and manages project plans, tasks, and deliverables according to GSM (Software Development) and best practices; identifies dependencies and resource requirements.
- Identifies, communicates and manages low to medium levels of technical risk.
- Manages Contracting, Funding Approval and Project Budget.
- Manages the creation of agreements with software vendors & implementation partners.
- Manages partnership with business partners to understand business processes, prioritize needs and document requirements.
- Assures identification of process and technology opportunities for improvement that will best meet customer and company requirements.
- Leads the development team (internal and external) to deliver a timely solution according to the specifications and implementation needs of the business.
- Assures that the solution is tested and successfully implemented, including working with vendors and other IT team members to execute project testing and implementation activities.
- Assures quality of business systems through development and execution of test plans, test case specifications and ensuring proper resolution of issues. Assures that test metrics document plan vs actual test results. Works with quality assurance analysts to improve IT quality processes.
- Assures the team resolves issues related to business use of implemented systems or processes by working with systems or process owners and other project teams to find acceptable solutions.
- Responsible for cross functional communication including preparing and presenting IT and business partner governance boards and phase reviews.
- Responsible for accurate and timely entry and reporting of project metrics.
- Identifies areas for process improvement and establishes effective and efficient processes.
- Manages systems development or process improvement projects by applying project management methodology.
- Provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance
- May coach less experienced PMs on the process and expectations
- Bachelor’s degree 5+ years’ experience in project management or information/software technology
- Prior experience running projects required, if possible, experience on Mfg/Supply Chain and/or SAP projects within Finance, Order to Cash, Mfg/Supply chain
- Functional/Technical background in Finance, SAP SD, SAP Mfg/Supply Chain, or related industry experience preferred
- Medical device, life sciences industry background preferred
- Experience in regulated environment
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Experience partnering with external vendors and business partners on projects, including working with off-shore and geographically dispersed teams
- Gathering and documentation of requirements
- Test planning, test case development and execution
- Software design, code/configure, build and deploy
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent project & financial acumen
- Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic
- Exceptional organizational & time management skills
- Ability to travel to meet specific project needs required (<10%)
For further information on this Senior IT Project Lead role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval