Telephone: 086 1070950
Senior Java Developer
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Java Developer for their site.
- Experienced full stack engineer with 5+ years Java software development experience required.
- CSS, Angular and/or web services are desirable
- Strong software design skills with a deep understanding of OO programming fundamentals and design patterns
- Extensive experience developing highly scalable software solutions for high volume platforms
- Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Databases experience.
- Experience of applying unit testing techniques using frameworks.
- AGILE SCRUM work environment.
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working within a distributed development team.
- Performance analysis/tuning experience is desirable.
- Leadership ability to discuss and educate features with stakeholders and Project Managers.
- Support, coach and manage team performance, recognising and utilising individual strengths to achieve optimum benefit for the team.
- Designing and developing features in a highly scalable environment to high standards.
- Provide support for learning and development for individuals and for the benefit of the overall unit.
- Working with product managers to design solution
- Building for high volume platforms: linking millions of users worldwide at the same time
- Get involved in recommending, evaluating and implementing the best solutions
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities. Help to define and drive strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Self-management skills, particularly in respect to prioritization and execution
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Creation and review of user stories and tasks within the Agile Development model.
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology.
- Help to define and drive development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing and documentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and autonomy are essential.
For further information on this Senior Java Developer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval