Senior Java Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12904
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join the development team. This team is responsible for our client’s telematics in the EMEA region. The successful candidate will work within a team using the latest tools and techniques to develop new customer-orientated solutions using microservice architecture, and stateless, Restful, API-driven models.
This is an excellent career opportunity for anyone looking to expand their exposure and gain exceptional experience with evolving technologies. The ideal candidate will have a passion and flair for development, an innovative thinker who thrives on the challenges of learning new technologies and enjoys working as part of a highly skilled and project-orientated team.
Our client run projects in a close team environment, resulting in excellent experience opportunities, exposure to evolving technologies, project methodologies, and dedicated talent development programs with opportunities for future career opportunities
- 5+ yrs experience with Java/JEE application development
- Proven experience developing high-quality, secure, scalable, and maintainable applications.
- Experience in the development of scalable enterprise applications and REST microservices, using microservice architecture principles
- Understanding of Windows, UNIX/Linux operating systems, and programming environments
- Strong coding skills with proven ability, knowledge, and understanding of Software
- Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough
- knowledge of best practices and new technologies.
- Mentoring of junior developers
- Experience in Agile Systems development techniques as source control, using Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD), Git tooling
- Experience of Spring (MVC/Boot/Security/Cloud
- Experience in creating and using RESTful APIs.
- Ability to debug server-side API calls, and contribute to the design of best-practice RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Cloud Native Development such as AWS
- Knowledge of Windows Server and bash scripting
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting
- Experience with Java performance testing and benchmarking
- Experience in Database Design and proficiency in SQL language
- AGILE SCRUM work environment
- Designing and developing features in a highly scalable environment
- Working with cross-functional teams to design solutions – recommending, evaluating, and implementing the best solutions
- Building for high-volume platforms: linking millions of users worldwide at the same time
- Help to define and drive strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing, and documentation.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and autonomy are essential
High-level Breakdown of Responsibilities
- Design – working with Product Management and Project Management on new product design architecture.
- Development – taking designs and making them happen. Development and testing using strict development methodologies including code reuse, maintainability, testing, and documentation.
- Building high volume platforms – linking millions of users worldwide at the same time.
- Quality Assurance – developing test cases in line with best practice methodology.
- Project Environment – Working in a cross-functional agile team to develop features with collaboration across software stacks.
Our Client offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share a passion for serving customers, caring
for others, and boldly challenging what is possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
For further information on this role in Java Engineering please contact Michael Brennan at Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA based on standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of that person.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…