Our client, a manufacturing medical device company located in Galway requires an experienced Lean Engineer to join their team. The successful Senior Lean Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of manufacturing processes and automation platforms as well as optimization of existing products already in production. Also be the interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Work as part of the Manufacturing, Quality, engineering and Lean group. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering significant tangible improvements in process performance and quality.
- Focus initially on Lean Cell Production System (Standard work, Visual Management and work place organization, Scientific Problem Solving – A3).
- Reduce waste in manufacturing with the deployment of Lean Tools / Principles using 5s, SMED, Standard Work etc.
- Identify and implement methodologies that sustain gains.
- Act as a ‘Change Agent’ in the introduction of Lean Tools in manufacturing and drive / sustain improvements by working directly with Teams at cell level.
- Develop, maintain and review Lean training materials to raise the level of awareness and competence around Lean.
- Provide coaching and mentoring in Lean principles to both direct and indirect including cross functional personnel.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Level 8 degree in a technical discipline or equivalent with operational knowledge of Medical Device Industry with 5-10 years’ experience of manufacturing.
- Lean Six Sigma certification (minimum Green Belt) with 5 years post qualification experience as a practicing black belt.
- Demonstrated delivery of tangible benefits using CI approach & tools.
- Proven experience in leading Kaizen workshop events including Line balancing, Standard work etc.
- Experience delivering lean six sigma training an ability to coach on LSS tools.
- Experience of rolling out & embedding CI across an organisation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an innovative approach.
- Ensures adherence to quality and safety standards with all improvement efforts.
- Proven ability to adapt to work priorities in response to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent coaching and influencing skills.
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.