Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for their Parkmore site in Galway. Reporting directly to Operational Excellence Manager, Global Operations, the qualified candidate will be part of a highly dynamic team managing exciting projects with the goal of safely and successfully delivering them on time, within budget and scope.
The Senior Lean Specialist is the facilitator and project manager responsible for the successful planning, scheduling and completion of multiple operations improvement projects. Facilitates and directs the work activities of teams, initially via consultants, and later becoming the Subject Matter Expert by expanding knowledge, taking on increased scope and responsibilities to further deploy Lean / Operational Excellence Projects across multiple sites. Once the Lean/OpEx mind-set has been embedded, the Lean Project Engineer will move onto other sites and regions to continue to drive Lean/OpEx process improvements and deliverables.
- Management of large, complex projects and teams, using lean / six sigma tools and methodologies, delivering success in a short timeframe with high expectations.
- Steward the progress and deliverables globally, acts as a liaison between sites, management and develops communication and continuous improvement training plans
- Coaches leaders at all levels to drive lean and OpEx thinking into all aspects of operations
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Communicates project status updates, address priority challenges and coordinate risk mitigation
- Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensures resource availability and allocation
- Develops a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measures project performance
- Reports and escalates to management as needed
- Performs risk management to minimize project impact
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation
- Participates in performance improvement teams and provides facilitation and technical support to assist including collection and analysis of data and documentation of results
- Conducts training where appropriate for lean, six sigmas and OpEx
- Education in Industrial, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related fields
- Expertise in lean, process and operations improvement
- Consulting and/or project management experience with formal 3+ day lean or six sigma training and 12+ successful projects with documented successes
- Demonstrated global business acumen
- 5+ years of experience in Managing a diverse range of Projects in a complex work environment
- Experience leading successful project teams, including the development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Experience in project cost estimation, bidding, vendor relations, and site coordination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team, task management, problem-solving and motivational skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates self-direction and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% across EMEA and APAC.
For further information on this Senior Lean role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.