Senior Learning & Development Specialist
Job ID: JOB-12208
Senior Training & Development Specialist
We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training & Development Specialists about this great new job opportunity in Galway with one of our leading clients? This company stands out for their culture, exceptional career development pathways and unrivalled rewards and recognition packages.
This exciting new job opportunity in HR is located in Galway. Galway, voted “Europe most Friendliest City 2020”!
Apply to us to find out more about this great job opportunity in Galway and we can talk through if it’s the right job for you.
- Consult directly with our business and support team members to develop effective, engaging and valuable learning solutions.
- Design, development, and facilitation of virtual and in person instructor led training including New Hire Onboarding, leadership development initiatives, continuous professional development, teambuilding and culture learning programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects with quick deadlines.
- Be innovative and creative with course design and facilitation.
- Be team oriented with demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Facilitate engaging presentations that contribute to business impact.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions for business impact and scalability.
- Stay current with L&D Industry trends and best practices to elevate learning offerings.
- Identify new ways to improve talent development at BSC;- including but not limited to, career development, leadership development and continuous learning.
- Enable and empower employee learning communities and other types of peer-to-peer learning experiences, especially with an asynchronous approach.
- While facilitating training, utilize technology to boost the transfer of knowledge for virtual learning environments.
- Market available learning opportunities through company intranet sites, weekly emails, and other event marketing collateral.
- Manage and Implement key processes and projects; develops and drives project plan; builds team ownership and commitment to project plan; keeps documentation organized.
- Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; liaison between the team and a project review board; project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
- Measure and continually improve effectiveness of training and development initiatives. Work closely with Operations, Quality, and Engineering employees on the initiatives of training products and processes.
- Provide direction and support for the Learning Management Systemmaintaining integrity of the system.
- Ensure all training and tracking practices comply with the requirements of BSC Quality System and applicable local department practices.
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards
Quality Systems Requirements: In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures. For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
Planning and Organization
Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules
Supervision Received; Decision Making Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. May escalate serious issues to manager.
Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a similar fast-paced corporate environment
- Strong learning and development skills
- Experience in designing training and virtual training programmes
For more information on this HR Business Partner role in please contact Terry McAuliffe on 0860468858 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11422 Cost Accountant Our client is recruiting for a permanent contract role in Drogheda. This role…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12208 Senior Training & Development Specialist We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training &…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12141 HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values…