Senior Logistics Manager
Job ID: JOB-11491
Senior Logistics Manager
Our client a leading MNC located in Galway is recruiting for a Senior Logistics Manager to join their team. This role is commutable from Mayo and Clare too. In this role, you will lead the global logistics operations and execution for warehousing and transportation modes driving cross-business unit synergies and cross-division synergies to optimize customer service and rates. Additionally, the role will lead the development and delivery of savings driven by efficiencies and other value creation opportunities.
- Responsible for Logistics strategy and execution with primary emphasis on global transportation
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer expectations as measured by KPIs.
- Immediate opportunity to lead development and execution for global covid test portfolio customer fulfilment
- Post COVID-19 cross BU logistics strategy development with a focus on synergy development
- Leads strategic sourcing process including quantitative data-driven analysis, marketplace benchmarking, developing comprehensive feedback to influence and drive desired outcome resulting in division value.
- Builds contingency plans to accommodate logistics delays
- Builds and develops strategic supplier relationships in order to influence and deliver results for key division initiatives and operational outcomes especially during times of urgent customer demands
- Proactively identifies and leads efficiency opportunities from initiation through execution including positively influencing key stakeholders for alignment and support. Opportunities result in organizational value including improved customer service, additional provider services and/or cost savings.
- Ability to independently problem-solve leveraging data analytics, present recommendation to key stakeholders and align on path forward
- Delivers annual logistics savings goal aligned with BUs through identification, development and execution of savings, efficiency opportunities, cost avoidance etc. Leads contingency plan development in the event a gap to goal is identified.
- Executes and contributes to identification and development of strategic logistics opportunities and operational efficiencies to create “win-win” for the company and strategic providers.
- Supports the commitment of company funds for logistics services
- Lead for specific global, regional and local providers and responsible for leading partnership development
- Lead for division supply chain operations leaders collaborating to resolve operational issues with providers
- Develops comprehensive logistics category knowledge. Strong working knowledge of operations.
- Builds and maintains a multi-functional network of stakeholders (upstream, downstream, and peer) in order to ensure that any strategy supports the needs of the business, and to facilitate initial buy-in, ongoing engagement, and support for execution of the global strategy at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Supply Chain or Business
- Minimum 8 – 10 years’ experience in logistics or other related supply chain field.
- Emphasis in transportation freight forwarding and over-the-road transportation modes
- Strategic sourcing experience including negotiation leadership to drive efficiency, value and savings
- Strong data analytics skills and the ability to leverage data to support recommendation for key initiatives
- Experience and creativity to assess a situation and find solutions that are aligned with leadership direction and expected outcomes.
- Mastery of excel including proficiency in excel macros. Complex excel analysis required.
- Proficient communication skills; verbal and written for recommendations and presentations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong initiative, work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Experience and ability to network through matrixed organization across multiple management levels
- Ability to get things done in a complex environment, using good judgement to make well-reasoned decisions, even with less than perfect information. Acts with a sense of urgency, and willingly takes on tactical roles as necessary to achieve objectives.
- Ability to identify a problem, work with the extended team to frame it, determine root cause, drive to potential solutions, build and present a business case, and communicate effectively to leadership to garner support
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma manufacturing concepts a plus.
- Drive and deliver results
- Cross BU, cross-functional and provider teamwork and collaboration
- Initiative, responsiveness and proactivity to meet and exceed customer expectations
For more information on this Senior Logistics Manager role in Galway please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approvall
Job ID: JOB-11742 Warehouse Team Lead Our client in County Mayo are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Team Lead. In…
Job ID: JOB-11667 Recruitment Consultant – Cork Office HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Cork office. Our…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….