Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager for their site.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Key member of AO Ireland leadership team. Formulate and implement strategic plans to help drive the overarching strategic plan and future direction of the organisation.
- Be an effective partner across all functions within divisional and GQO organisations to deliver associated new products in line with divisional pipelines. Participate in and lead a cross functional/divisional business forums and process improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for directing the teams to work effectively and build collaborative relationships with product development across multiple divisions and with the manufacturing operations to improve the speed to market of new products, utilising the new product processes and global advanced operations procedure.
- Ensure a culture of collaboration exists between the AO NPI teams across the campus to ensure that key skill sets can be leveraged when required to ensure all projects are managed effectively and delivered in line with divisional expectations.
- Develop detailed understanding of “best practice” in product launch performance within the ‘Medical Device’ industry.
- Develop skills matrix in line with product road maps identifying the necessary training and coaching for team members to ensure that technical and team based skills are acquired, applied and maintained by team members.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets (headcount, expense and capital) for final review and approval. Approval authority for personnel requisitions and capital expenditure requests.
- Provide direction to the team in complex or difficult situations, remove obstacles, assign appropriate resources and interface with other functions to assist with issue resolution.
- Partner with HR in identifying, acquiring top talent while developing and retaining talent within the team.
- Establish priorities imparting a sense of urgency and importance to effectively deliver new products per quality, cost and time constraints.
- Responsible for the implementation, enforcement and compliance of all relevant quality, regulatory and safety standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- B.S in Engineering, Science or business discipline required or a related masters degree.
- 5-8 Years leadership experience or substantial engineering support or project management experience in a team based environment is required.
- Experience in managing new products or process teams preferable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and presentation skills essential.
- Individual must possess strong leadership skills, proven ability to coach and mentor individuals in technical skills and people development areas. The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results driven team based environment with flexibility essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in new product introduction in a regulated environment preferred.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge in project management tools essential. Strong analytical skills with a high problem solving and process improvement orientation critical.
- Requires an analytical, logical and strategic thought process.
- Experience of GD&T, process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
- Excellent attention to detail.
For further information on this Senior Manager role in Cork please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.