Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager Manufacturing Engineering for their site.
Global responsibility for the standardization and oversight of Manufacturing Engineering teams developing, implementing and maintaining methods, operations sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies, Includes the design operation, control and optimisation of manufacturing processes to improve efficiency. Responsible for design and analysis of mechanical systems, equipment and packages.
- Drives alignment across the plant network to meet TEOA requirements, rolls out CoE and Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) on technologies, processes and equipment.
- Own the deployment of key Engineering processes and initiatives into the sites.
- Implement, Run and Review the Key Performance Indicators(KPI) across the network.
- Set the monthly and yearly targets per process KPI in alignment with the overall strategy
- Develop the manufacturing Engineering Strategy in consideration of the footprint requirements to have suitable process capabilities and equipment available in the plants.
- Support production to balance capacity between the plants or to external receivers.
- Support the site production teams drive plant productivity increases through automation initiatives, material savings or any other cost reduction initiatives to increase the value add with reduced input.
- Be the interface between Development Engineering and production, be the NPI champion for Operations owning an organization structure to meet NPI project needs.
- Drive and champion Engineering talent programs, competency frameworks & standardized organizational models.
- Work with the Development organization to build technology roadmaps and engage with the manufacturing sites to help enable and implement those technologies.
Experience & Knowledge
- Ten or more years of demonstrated Engineering Management experience in technology or Medical Device Manufacturing working with internal and external customers required.
- Degree in Engineering / Science related discipline.
- Experience in the functional management of a manufacturing engineering teams.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations preferred.
- Must be results oriented.
- Ability to act as TE and customer advocate.
- Demonstrated business acumen and confidence communicating to senior management and customers.
- Demonstrated ability in managing systems, managing up, and managing peers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and programs and meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Experience in managing local and global teams.
- Experience in Product/Project Lifecycle implementation and strong process and systems understanding preferred.
- Strong knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and component or assembly design principles required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, problem solving required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in on-line collaboration tools, and databases required.
- Strong knowledge of equipment & process automation.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25 - 30% annually.
For further information on this Senior Manager Manufacturing Engineering role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval