Our client, a medical device manufacturer is recruiting for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to provide direction and manage Manufacturing, Automation and Operations Excellence (approximately 50 people), across the company’s Galway Business Units.
This role will report to the Plant Manager, working closely with the other functional managers providing strategic and technical support as a key member of the Site Leadership Team. The suitable candidate must be having Manufacturing Engineering Management experience and experience managing a large team of manufacturing engineers and technicians to execute a complex array of improvement programs and sustaining activity.
- Develop and execute on a strategy focused on making the Galway site a leader in engineering excellence.
- To develop & sustain a culture that is in line with our core people values & our business principles.
- Working with the Business Units develop and implement a Technical Road Map and an automation strategy.
- Contribute on broader Engineering topics and forums and build strong collaborations within industry
- To manage and co-ordinate the interface with sustaining engineering activities on site.
- Career path development for technical staff; hiring, coaching and developing new and existing employees, promoting continuous improvement and cross functional team work.
- To own, sustain and improve Manufacturing Processes and Systems.
- Work closely with Production, Quality and Supply Chain to deliver Operational objectives, liaise closely with all relevant departments to support business objectives.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- To continually reduce overall manufacturing scrap, Delivering best in class engineering solutions.
- To develop a PSPI (Problem Solving – Process Improvement) methodology and culture in Operations.
- Sustain and improve the performance and maintenance of the production equipment/lines through programs like TPM ensuring business continuity.
- Management of continuous programs to improve process yields and reduce scrap.
- Develop and foster a Lean Six Sigma culture with an effective problem-solving approach.
- Develop Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the engineering team to support and advance production processes.
- Integrate site with other sites, leverage and share network knowledge.
- To administrate and manage the site capital budget and to ensure each value stream follows the site wide Project Management.
- System and has in place a process for prioritizing resources to projects.
- To ensure equipment (production) capacity is put in place in a timely and effective manner to meet business requirements.
- Manage equipment capacity through optimization and/or new equipment procurement.
- Develop capital projects proposals, administrate and manage the site capital budget.
- Evaluate new technologies and prepare ROI proposals to senior management for investment planning.
- Ensure safety and product quality are never compromised.
- To maintain the compliance & validation state of our Manufacturing Lines and ensure they are continually in a state of "Audit Readiness".
- Introduce and maintain safe work stations and equipment.
- Ensure equipment compliance to Corporate guidelines, safety regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Drive NPI as a priority.
- To ensure New Product Introductions are appropriately resourced and are seamlessly handed over from PD / R&D to Ops.
- B.E. with at least 7 years relevant Engineering management experience.
- Must have proven track record in managing and developing a professional / technical team.
- The ability to implement Process Capability and Lean Principles in every aspect of Engineering.
- Working knowledge of six sigma would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong knowledge of ISO and FDA requirements.
For further information on this Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.