Senior Manager PMO
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager PMO for their site.
- This role with have overall responsibility for leading the Project Management Office across operations for the region. Development and implementation of strategy, business processes and systems to enable each Operation continued business growth and deliver overall business results.
- Establishment and execution of a defined Governance framework to ensure delivery of key business programs and portfolio of projects.
- Implement a project management culture within the business through leadership, organisation, coordination and the creation of relevant internal and external mentoring and training programs.
- Liaise and coordinate with Operations Directors/Plant Managers and key business partners to strategically align projects and programs through portfolio review management to deliver maximum portfolio value with available resources to the business.
- Establishes and leads the Portfolio Management Framework for the business to identify, categorise and prioritise all project activity. Institutes and coordinates a robust governance model to maximise project delivery success and minimise execution risk.
- Coach, develop engage Project Leads in the successful execution of programs and projects delivering business results.
- Ensures high quality functional, business, and quality deliverables; and ensures project / program management excellence.
- Contributes to the overall Manufacturing PMO strategy.
- Coordinates with Operations Directors/Plant Managers and key business partners to deliver value to the business through continuous improvement, opportunity identification, solution delivery, and ongoing support to meet or exceed organisational, business and customer needs.
- Collaborates with business partners to develop the strategic planning process to determine vision for future state.
- Oversees the scoping and chartering of projects and programs with respect to schedules, budgets, and resource allocations, within company defined PMO processes, and within and across franchises, functions, and businesses.
- Establish a project management culture by building and developing organisational capability in Project and Program Management through internal and certified external training coupled with a mentorship framework for Project Leads.
- Responsible for portfolio resource planning including work load allocation and capacity planning to help determine program/project sequencing.
- Facilitates and collaborates with the business leadership on using a disciplined project management approach and coaching them on their project-related roles and responsibilities. Provide general direction for completion of appropriate program documentation (e.g. charter, roadmap, benefits map, etc.) to meet business goals and program objectives.
- Sets and communicates expectations across the business, functions, third party vendors, consulting partners, project teams, and stakeholders depending on program needs. Acts as an escalation point; drives collaboration with program and project team members to resolution.
- Drives functional excellence initiatives; Develops and promotes standard approach for project management process groups: integration management, scope management, time management, cost management, quality management, human resource management, communications management, risk management, and procurement management.
- Facilitates cross-functional relationships of self and team. Coordinates cross-functionally to look for opportunities for team to learn about new initiatives or grow in their role.
- Build strong relationships with other PMOs (internally and externally) and benchmark accordingly.
- Generates an engaging and positive environment. Provides guidance and training to PMO team, assists team in attaining career goals, motivates individuals to achieve results, and recruits and maintains a high quality team.
- Develops and manages department budgets. Determines appropriate staff levels, schedules and resources. Drives and evaluates project and department progress, technical development plans, and results.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensures all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Manages strategic projects and programs critical to continued and future business growth. Evaluating and providing guidance during the general and detailed planning stages; developing strategies to ensure the portfolio of projects and programs are cohesive and in line with business results.
- Responsible for clear, objective and quantifiable measurement of Program progress. Develop methods and systems for efficiently communicating project status.
- Foster and develop a team community which allows the team members to effectively share information and collaborate on business issues pertaining to the program. Responsible to improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, mentoring and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, and ensure efficiency.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Technical based third-level qualification at Degree level
- Formal Portfolio Management training preferred. Recognised Portfolio Management Certification is strongly preferred.
- Formal Project and Program Management training
- They will have demonstrated an ability to establish and lead a Portfolio Management Framework.
- A demonstrated track record of managing a portfolio of major projects.
- A predisposition for coaching and mentoring and a genuine interest in helping others develop.
- Ability to understand complex inputs and distil critical information
- Have experience in business management and in business transformation
- Although technical minded, their focus is on the delivery of agreed tasks to agreed time lines and budgets.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit for driving business forward- relentless drive to deliver on bold and innovative change initiatives.
- Strong emotional intelligence to guide how to achieve through others.
- Exceptional communication skills to influence key decision makers at all levels within the Organisation.
- Great interpersonal skills- a Team player
- A strong leader with a skill for engaging their team in a common goal
- Service minded and courageous.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Passionate about delivery
- >10 years of direct experience within high-end manufacturing or product development environment.
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Good understanding of manufacturing process technologies and the ability to understand complex processes.
- Engineering background.
- Experience with delivering results through 6 sigma and lean methods.
- Strong analytical ability, relevant ERP knowledge (preferably SAP, Oracle or JDEdwards) and experience and strong PC skills (MS Excel, Access, etc.,)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval