Senior Manager R&D
Job ID: JOB-12760
This is a very exciting time for this organization as this focus on dealing with the growing opportunity to provide new, minimally invasive, treatment options to more and more patients.
This Senior R&D Manager role will be: 1) a member of the TDG global leadership team guiding the overall strategy of the TDG, 2) be responsible for the development of a large Engineering organization and 3) be responsible for one of our therapy areas, working with cross functional partners within the OU on the development of strategies and our product pipeline.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
• You will lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performing engineering team responsible for design and development of pioneering transcatheter medical devices and procedures.
• You will participate as a member of the Therapy Delivery Group R&D leadership team.
• As part of the TDG leadership team you will participate in the ongoing development and scaling of the organization in line with business demands and ensure that we have the competencies in place to deliver predictable outcomes.
• You will partner with internal and external experts to maintain and strengthen relevant clinical and technical expertise and to contribute to strategic planning for the TDG organization and within your Therapy area
• You will grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
• You will support and ensure achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
• You will contribute to project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and strong engineering and clinical judgment.
• You will manage high-level engineers, and other managers, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
• You will actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
• You will collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluate progress of direct reports.
• You will be responsible for managing functional cost center budget and resource allocation.
• You will understand and comply with company policies & procedures and external standards & guidance.
• You will generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering or related discipline, Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within a similar environment.
• A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
• Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills.
• Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on a global team.
• Experienced in a medical device market and have a proven result driven track record.
• Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Position offers a competitive Salary and flexible Benefits Package
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…