Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- At our Manufacturing Engineering Department in the company, we focus on providing Stable, Flexible and Cost effective Manufacturing processes that produce the highest quality products through innovative engineering services and solutions. Manufacturing Engineers are directly involved in maintaining and continuously improving the manufacturing processes to the highest standards.
- You will be responsible for product family (processes, equipment and documentation to meet quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets). You will be responsible for manufacturing line/cell products, processes, equipment, and documentation to meet quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets. Responsible for the installation, calibration and preventative maintenance of process equipment. Knowledge of Cell Operating System desirable.
- You will lead process improvement projects, Lean Sigma initiatives and demonstrate ability to identify and project lead continuous process improvement/cost saving opportunities.
- You will guide the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- You will have the ability to lead cross site engineering projects to harness corporate wide best practice including transfers/on-loads.
- You will have experience in characterizing manufacturing processes and associated equipment to understand failure points and take appropriate steps to address same.
- You will participate /core team member in PDP Projects and Product Transfer products.
- You will liaise with other company plants regarding technical issues.
- You will provide engineering lead for Audit activities for product family with corporate and regulatory bodies.
- You will provide technical representative for Field Assurance queries and product complaint investigations.
- You will lead customer tours and physician visits.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of relevant engineering systems and understanding of how they interact with relevant corporate policies.
- Demonstrate engineering leadership in corrective/preventative action procedures and NCMR closure.
- You will have the ability to develop technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching.
- You will provide technical support to junior engineering staff and assume responsibility for employees training and development as well as providing technical support in field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
- We are looking for a qualified person to a minimum of level 8 BSc/BEng Degree in Engineering or Science. Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- You will have a proven record of successful project and people management experience and of providing effective leadership.
- You will have experience of working in a changing environment within the medical devices sector, preferably with familiarity of FDA regulations.
- You will have strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology.
- You will have statistical skills (basic and minimal advanced statistics) together with knowledge of statistical software.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are an effective leader with drive and enthusiasm and are self-motivated, goal-oriented and a team player.
- You can demonstrate the leadership expectations; Sets High Standards for others, Drives Accountability, Initiates & Leads Change and Thinks Critically & Makes Sound Decisions.
- You can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You will have excellent verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills, plus advanced computer literacy and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Experience in process development and introduction of new technology within the medical device industry desirable.
- Experience of process development for Electronic Devices is desirable.
- Experience in Stents or DES/DCB manufacturing is an advantage. Flexibility to travel frequently an advantage.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees at the company - outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval