Telephone: 086 3073779
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- You will contribute to an understanding of relevant engineering systems and how they interact with relevant corporate policies.
- You will be responsible for product family (processes, equipment and documentation to meet quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets).
- You will demonstrate engineering leadership in corrective/preventative action procedures and NCMR closure.
- You will be leading audit activities for product family with corporate and regulatory bodies, project lead on Lean Sigma initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
- Project lead for cross site engineering projects to harness corporate wide best practice including transfers/onloads.
- Lead process improvement/validation activities and demonstrate ability to identify process improvement/cost saving opportunities.
- You will participate in planning the technical aspect of process improvement projects, drive continuous process improvement and equipment upgrades.
- Guide the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- You will be technical representative for Field Assurance queries and product complaint investigations.
- You will develop and maintain technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching.
- You will fully characterize manufacturing processes and associated equipment to understand failure points and take appropriate steps to address same.
- We are looking for a qualified person to BSc Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 5 years relevant experience in manufacturing or related engineering discipline.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with working in a changing environment within the medical devices sector, preferably with familiarity of FDA regulations.
- Strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology. Flexibility to travel frequently is also required.
- Experience in process development and introduction of new technology within the medical device industry and experience in drug devices or DES manufacturing is desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval