Telephone: 086 3073779
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- Lead a dedicated group of engineers and technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan. Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Champion compliance to company systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent, with 5-10yrs experience in a high volume demanding production environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills, with ability to make decisions within a focused production / technical problem solving team.
- Knowledge of Medical Device manufacturing with experience of associated quality and automated manufacturing systems, particularly Laser Applications, Surface Treatment of Metals and CNC controlled equipment.
- Validation and DOE experience with operating knowledge of Minitab software
- A demonstrated ability and knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Driven to work on own initiative with results oriented attitude. Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach.
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.