Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a Medical Device company in Westmeath is currently looking to recruit an Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Planning and execution of protocols and validations to regulatory and GAMP requirements.
- Establish and develop strong and effective working relationships at all levels to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Manage the implementation and validation of process projects using effective project management tools and techniques.
- Co-ordinate the planning and execution of line trials, data recording and analyses and the security of line samples and resulting data.
- Provide technical back-up as required to resolve validation and process issues.
- Monitoring of materials, equipment and process flows during validation and ramp-up related activities to ensure high levels of performance and OEE.
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the resolution of technical, quality and manufacturing issues in assigned areas where they pertain to equipment validation execution and performance.
- Lead process improvement projects, Lean Sigma initiatives and demonstrate ability to identify and project lead continuous process improvement/cost saving opportunities.
- Characterization of manufacturing processes and associated equipment to understand failure points and take appropriate steps to address same.
- Develop technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching.
- Provide technical support to junior engineering staff and assume responsibility for employees training and development as well as providing technical support.
- Report to management any accidents/near misses or any defects in the workplace or any infringement of any relevant Company requirements which may endanger their own safety, health and welfare of that or others
- Support on-going communication through reports and information transfer as needed.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree level 8 in a Science/Technology/Engineering related discipline (e.g. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering).
- Minimum 5 years relevant and recent experience in process / validation engineering in a highly regulated environment. Knowledge of GAMP5 or other Validation methodology a distinct advantage.
- Proven record of successful project and people management experience and of providing effective leadership.
- Dynamic team player and leader, with the ability to work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- demonstrate ability to be an effective leader with drive and enthusiasm and are self-motivated, goal-oriented and a team player
- Possess strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology.
- Drives Accountability, Initiates & Leads Change and Thinks Critically & Makes Sound Decisions.
- Ability to be self-directed and to effectively interface with various levels and functions within the organization
- Results driven and dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record in the execution of protocols and validations to FDA and Irish/European regulatory requirements.
- Successful track record of project managing validation activities and implementing capital and cost reduction projects.
- Strong competency in manufacturing processing and systems
- Sound technical engineering approach to project management and problem solving
- Organised and resourceful with excellent attention to detail and ability to get the job done
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a high paced environment with an awareness of continued impact on production and plant performance.
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organisation and interaction with customers.
- Well-developed analytical, numerical and computer skills and the ability to combine hands-on activities with theoretical knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent written, documentation, and oral communication skills and are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role in Westmeath please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.