Our client a leading medical device company based in Galway is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. This person will be working with the core engineering group, and reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The Senior ME will analyse data and complete root cause analysis while leading a team of engineers and technicians and to be responsible for managing and supporting all engineering activity in areas of responsibility. The successful candidate will be expected to input to the development of supports and systems outside of core engineering responsibilities. For example, to assist in development and implementation of systems for areas as diverse as training, planning, staff supervision, and business processes.
- To work with key business stakeholders and operations teams to build a continuous improvement environment that supports ongoing change and improvement initiatives.
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of simplified ways of working.
- Lead a dedicated group of engineers and technicians.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans while coaching and mentoring team members.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manage external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short- and long-term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Engineering degree, or equivalent, with 5+ years’ experience in a high-volume demanding production environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem-solving team.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Engineering role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 0863073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.