Our client, a leading supplier of tooling equipment is recruiting for a permanent Senior ME. This role will involve supporting engineering and manufacturing through the continuous development and improvement of manufacturing processes and support day-to-day operations to achieve targets.
The Senior ME should provide project leadership on continuous improvement and risk mitigation initiatives. Also liaise with outside suppliers, customers, engineering and other departments to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved.
This position will work among engineering, operations and maintenance teams, executing engineering and plant-wide projects.
- Support key business metrics with ongoing process improvements and the introduction of new manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Identify, lead and deliver cost, process and technical improvements through project planning, risk analysis, project implementation.
- Lead engineering projects for the plant with accurate planning, management of project budgets and schedules, timely delivery and reporting on all deliverables.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements.
- Manage cross-functional teams to ensure production support, CI & NPI projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner and managed in accordance with the Quality Management System
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of corrective / preventative actions to address quality, technical and manufacturing issues.
- Engage with customers on technical queries and requirements, to include site visits to customer locations when required.
- Conduct engineering assessments on equipment and systems for a number of product lines across a wide range of CNC controlled and manual production equipment
- Develop and maintain methods, operations and processes to manufacturing parts.
- Support Process Engineers with product costing, process improvement, subcontract operations and industrial studies.
- Development of automated CAD/CAM/CAE manufacturing systems and programming of CNC tools.
- Create and update Documentation, WI and Procedures to reflect current / revised practice.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, and gages for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions.
- Complete engineering tasks consistent with a working knowledge of GMP and ISO standards. Interface with OEM vendors and contractors.
- Provide leadership/mentoring to junior engineers and technicians.
- Support business development and marketing efforts such as identification of prospects, development of pursuit strategies, and proposals. Serve as subject matter technical expert where applicable
Experience, Education and Skills
- Degree level qualification in an engineering or science discipline
- Minimum of 7years engineering experience
- Solid understanding of fundamental mechanical engineering principles, statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, mechanical vibrations, heat transfer, materials selection, and physics
- Working knowledge of CNC Machine Tools & NC programming, with exposure to PLC Programming would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of general machine operation, manufacturability of materials and designs, and the ability to design for Assembly and Manufacture essential
- Capable of customer specification interpretations to define requirements for mechanical designs.
- Ability to Troubleshoot and resolve design & processing issues.
- Strong knowledge of CAD (parametric solid modelling) /CAM/CAE computer systems.
- Must be able to read, interpret and generate detailed engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerance
- Must be able to produce specifications for design, development, manufacture and installation of new or modified mechanical components or systems. Develop strategies and concepts to solve challenging problems; Implement prototypes.
- Working knowledge and understanding of quality systems and inspection tools.
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures (i.e. work instructions, inspection procedures, capital proposals).
- Confident in validation requirements on new equipment introductions, processes and process changes.
- Knowledge in medical device industry regulations and practices - ISO 13485, ISO 7198 & GMP would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences with organisational skills along with project and time management skills. Ability to prioritise work effectively and to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using strong analytical approach to deliver innovative solutions.
- Proactive, self-starter, who must be able to work independently without supervision, positive attitude and be motivated by the role.
- Willingness to be flexible and driver of change
- Highly motivated person with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
For further information on this Engineer role in Shannon, Clare please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.