Our client a medical device company located in West Galway is recruiting for a Senior ME. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will lead a team of Engineers and Technicians with a key focus on sustaining and continuously improving Manufacturing processes to meet Safety, Quality, Service and Cost plans.
- Lead a dedicated group of Engineers and Technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting
- Champion compliance to systems and processes.
- Leads and promotes a methodical and systematic Problem-Solving approach.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Investigate latest process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manage external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and process improvement initiatives through the adoption of Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree (Level 8) or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to work cross functionally.
- Preferably a post qualification experience with people management and continuous improvement within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong data analysis skills and experience applying structured problem-solving and continuous improvement methodologies.
- People Management, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma qualifications will be a distinct advantage.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.