Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engineering responsibility for product family (processes, equipment and documentation to meet quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets).
- Plan the technical aspect of process improvement projects. Drive continuous process improvement and equipment upgrades. Guide the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
- Engineering lead for Audit activities for product family with corporate and regulatory bodies.
- Technical representative for Field Assurance queries and product complaint investigations.
- Project Lead on Lean Sigma initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
- Lead customer tours and physician visits.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of relevant engineering systems and understanding of how they interact with relevant corporate policies.
- Project lead for cross site engineering projects to harness corporate wide best practice including transfers/onloads.
- Ability to develop technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching.
- Lead process improvement/validation activities and demonstrate ability to identify process improvement/cost saving opportunities.
- Fully characterize manufacturing processes and associated equipment to understand failure points and take appropriate steps to address same.
- Demonstrate engineering leadership in corrective/preventative action procedures and NCMR closure.
- Knowledge of Cell Operating System desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant manufacturing experience in a related engineering discipline with a level 8 Bachelor Degree (BSc/B.Eng in Electronic, Computer, Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering) is required.
- Proven record of successful project and people management experience and of providing effective leadership.
- Experience of working in a changing environment within the medical devices sector, preferably with familiarity of FDA regulations.
- Strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology.
- Statistical skills (basic and minimal advanced statistics) together with knowledge of statistical software.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills, plus advanced computer literacy.
- Experience in process development and introduction of new technology within the medical device industry desirable.
- Experience of process development for Electronic Devices is desirable.
- Experience in Stents or DES/DCB manufacturing an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel frequently an advantage.
- Executes: Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and results. Aligns team, allowing people to move quickly in a coordinated fashion.
- Clear Thinking: Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates clearly. Creates and communicates a clear strategy/plan and demonstrates good judgment.
- Inspires Others: Authentic and sets a vision that inspires performance and engages others. Has infectious enthusiasm, seeks and values different perspectives and ideas to foster an inclusive work environment.
- Driven to Win: Passionate and driven, makes tough decisions in difficult situations. Results-oriented with the ability to rapidly prioritise and effectively determine the best course of action.
- Compliance & Integrity: Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics and compliance with laws and policies. Champions implementation of compliance policies, training and monitoring programs. Expeditiously takes appropriate actions when problems occur.
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval