Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- Independently determine and develop approaches to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Play a lead role in multifunctional technology development teams to ensure seamless handover of new technology and/or processes.
- Use latest Engineering techniques/technology whilst also seeking out new technology advancements to reduce technology development time whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
- Develop a deep knowledge of new AM Technology development
- Build productive internal and external working relationships and may periodically provide guidance and train other team members.
- Will lead customer service and team development with regard to achieving team goals, supporting metrics and setting and achieving training plans.
- Will lead the development and validation activities on all technology development for new AM technology platforms.
- Will lead the technology analysis on all new AM technology and play a significant role in managing the approval of the technology and software advancements.
- Will liaise very closely with the AM SME's to ensure correct technology application is implemented.
- Will lead safety reviews of new AM technology.
- Will develop a solid competency in the area of the Laser Rapid Manufacturing (LRM) Platform build process, keeping closely aligned with the Technology development team on the latest advancements in platform creation to enable correct software and equipment upgrades.
- Will ensure quality of the process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications,
- Will select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements. Work with quality engineers to develop component specific testing and inspection protocols.
- Will lead capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Will analyse technology to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. Lead and/or participate in technology review meetings.
- Will participate in DFMEA, Control Plan, SOP generation associated with technology introductions.
- Will coordinate training for manufacturing team members. Ensure the efficient and timely transfer of technology knowledge from project personnel to manufacturing engineers.
- Will ensure adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safety procedures.
- Will review and approve of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 4+ Years related Engineering experience in a technology development or manufacturing environment. 3+ years with Masters or PhD.
- Project Management skillset
- Proven machine design or design review skillset
- Proven track record of working in a team based environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to manufacturing/design technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgement for mechanical and structural design.
- Good understanding of technology development process, related statistical tools and validation/verification techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes requiring extended work hours.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Working knowledge of CAD computer systems beneficial.
- Machine design experience
- Excellent attention to detail
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website - www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval