Telephone: 086 3073779
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Implementing the manufacturing build plan with subcontract manufacturer to meet device demand.
- Provide technical and QA line support to the manufacturing line.
- Proactive monitoring of line efficiency, performance and output
- Ensure manufacturing activities are managed in accordance with the company's quality system and policies, including diligent recording of results and writing reports.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Establish new manufacturing lines and/or cleanroom space to facilitate the introduction of new product lines
- Define and refine assembly methods and process settings
- Periodic review of validations as required in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Completion and review of process risk analysis and ongoing dedication to risk reduction
- Leading role in risk management and disaster planning.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Provide design for manufacture feedback/support to R&D team during new product development phase
- Maintain traceability of all finished good products
- Equipment specification, procurement, calibration, and maintenance
- Managing and mentoring direct reports, where relevant.
- Representing the company externally, for example at physician line tours.
- Liaise with component and service suppliers on delivery schedule and any quality problems
- Manufacturing leadership and team.
- Quality and Regulatory personnel.
- Manufacturing subcontractor.
- Marketing and Sales teams.
- R&D team
- Component and equipment suppliers.
- Service suppliers.
- Minimum education of mechanical or biomedical engineering degree or equivalent.
- Typically 5 years' experience in the manufacturing/design/development of medical devices.
- Strong understanding of basic engineering principles.
- Strong problem solving capability.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately, and directly, both verbally and in writing, to a widely varied audience.
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player.
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Clear communicator
- Good judgment and problem solving ability & is capable of understanding the impact of decision making on both the company and end users.
- Able to build good, strong and positive working relationships with cross functional teams internationally.
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval