Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12010
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client is recruiting for a Senior ME to join them in Galway. This role is commutable from Mayo and Clare.
- Eliminate dangerous occurrences in manufacturing and achieve world-class premier performances in safety.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the competitiveness of the transport business.
- Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives using lean methodologies that will sustain; promote and advance the competitive edge of our processes/ products in a global market.
- Provide engineering leadership/ support for the manufacture of certain products to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate and accelerate the implementation of new engineering changes – both product and process – into the plant and implement technology advances into the manufacturing processes for existing products, including identifying Automation potential within the value streams.
- Interface / engage with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products.
- Be proficient in Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E; Process simulation Line balancing and project management.
- Be proficient in problem solving using the 9 Step Problem Solving A3 technique to resolve daily Takt and Quality issues.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control.
- Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available resources in the process.
- Release the hidden talent of manufacturing employees through engagement and the delegation of ownership
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- At a minimum, an honours degree in engineering is required
- 7 – 10 years’ experience working in an Engineering environment
- Accomplished project leader/ manager. Skill set in business case development and selling same
- Change Implementer – Can-Do attitude. Executes strategic change. Lean mind-set. Identifies and eliminates waste
- Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions. Builds best in class processes
- Relationship builder – Builds relationships within & outside own workgroup. Engages Stakeholders. Establishes Trust and cross functional engagement
- Builds project portfolios – Executes projects in series and at speed. Builds strong effective teams for project execution. Ensures efficient and effective execution
- Self-motivated – Self driven, Takes total ownership
- Communication – builds cross functional awareness, clearly communicates project team expectations.
- Good influencing / negotiation / conflict resolution skills
For further information on this Senior ME role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…