My medical device client in Galway Ireland is recruiting for a Senior ME on a permanent basis
Working within the Needles Manufacturing Engineering group, and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will lead a team of Engineers and Technicians and be responsible for managing and supporting all engineering activity in areas of responsibility. As a key member of the core Operations Support team, and as needs arise, the successful candidate will be expected to input to the development of supports and systems outside of core engineering responsibilities. E.g. assist in development and implementation of systems for areas as diverse as training, planning, staff supervision, and business processes.
The Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, moulding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mould tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / moulding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the business unit plants to reach Operating Advantage requirements, roll out Centres of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Lead a dedicated group of Engineers and Technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure Engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Set Engineering goals and objectives that deliver results in line with the business plan.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Champion compliance to systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / Six Sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
- Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 5-7 yrs experience in a high-volume demanding production environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem-solving team.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and implement decisions.
My client offers:
- We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
For further information on this ME role in Galway please contact Dee on 086 7902191/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval