Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12237
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Senior Manufacturing Engineer job opportunity located in Spiddal, Co. Galway is one of those stand positions that don’t come along every day.
Let us tell you more….
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer leads a team of Engineers and Technicians with a key focus on sustaining and continuously improving Manufacturing processes to meet Safety, Quality, Service and Cost plans.
- Lead a dedicated group of Engineers and Technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Champion compliance to systems and processes.
- Leads and promotes a methodical and systematic Problem-Solving approach.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Investigate latest process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manage external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and process improvement initiatives through the adoption of Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
The successful candidate will have a Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree (Level 8) or equivalent qualification. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to work cross functionally. You will have post qualification experience with people management and continuous improvement within a manufacturing environment. You will have strong data analysis skills and experience applying structured problem-solving and continuous improvement methodologies.
People Management, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma qualifications will be a distinct advantage.
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13244 Software Engineer To assist the Equipment Engineering department to develop new manufacturing and test equipment…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-10124 MANUFACTURING ENGINEER – METALS Our client, a medical device manufacturer is recruiting for an experienced…