Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Equipment Engineer for a 12 month contract.
- To engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance & calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for assigned Manufacturing Engineering or Equipment Engineering teams, including performance management, prioritisation of resource assignments, recruitment, mentoring and supervision.
- Works with Value Stream management to deliver business objectives - lean manufacturing metrics, VIPs, cycle time, scrap as %VOP etc.
- Assist in the development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production / engineering issues.
- Manage Operations Value Improvement Projects (VIP) and Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects, as assigned.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- Actively interfaces with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, and always practices good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements, and in pursuit of achieving the business targets
- Fosters a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System, and the appropriate regulations for the area they support, in particular ensuring that employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Observing the Quality Management Systems requirements on site at all times
- Keeps oneself abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintains and develop the team's technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustains an environment of continuous improvement.
- Identifies and develops new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Develops and implements the appropriate maintenance procedures and protocols for new equipment to ensure that processes remain in control at all times.
- Oversees the specification and purchase of capital equipment, ensuring a balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manages the planning and execution of process and equipment validations per SYK NV requirements.
- Provision of technical leadership to the wider engineering teams.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.)
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a team based regulated manufacturing environment, and ideally 2+ years' experience at a senior level.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
- Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills using recognised methodologies, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Project Management skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong leadership skills, a confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Clearly demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances on the floor
- There may be a requirement as part of the role to travel to other sites
For further information on this Senior Manufacturing Equipment Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on www.hero.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval