Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer Galway
This Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer job in Galway is a permanent one. I am looking for an experienced, talented, driven Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer to join a leading medical device company in Galway. My client is a global, highly successful and innovative company who offer their employees the very best.
The purpose of this Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer role is to provide scientific understanding and technical engineering skills to meet business goals and objectives. Ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business. Provide a structured framework for training of technical reports. Build collaborative relationships through strong teamwork across the organization.
- Responsible for all project engineering activity in order to enable the production unit meet its key business objectives of safety, quality, output and cost.
- Lead the VIP (cost reduction) roadmap for the entire production unit.
- Provide technical leadership on product and process issues.
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for the Engineers on the team, with specific responsibility to ensure that project management standards of excellence are developed and maintained within the projects engineering group.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Chair the weekly Project Management Operations meeting within the production unit.
- Owner of the Capital spend budget and annual forecasting for the production unit.
- Liaison with quality and engineering both internal to the plant and externally within the corporation.
- Provide technical leadership on validation strategy definition for key projects.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, which complies with GMP in conjunction with the other team members.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Responsible for other projects as assigned by the company.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Ensure all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified (Min FETAC level 8), ideally in Polymer/Materials Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Strong theoretical & practical knowledge of core polymer processes including Extrusions and/or Injection Moulding.
- Proven track record in providing engineering and technical leadership on product and process issues within core polymer processes.
- Project Management expertise is a requirement of this role.
If you're free for a quick chat to find out more about my client and their Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer job in Galway or any other Manufacturing Engineering roles then please ring me on 091 730 022.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval